New Era of Artists

As previously stated, I have always had a thing for “classical” art. As I grew up, I developed a new understanding of the word “art”. In the beginning, I viewed art as strictly the expression of something through painting or sculpture. Later on, I understood filmmaking was also art. But architecture is also an art.  As much as acting or journalism or business. In the end, I believe art is an expression of knowledge/mastery in one’s industry. It does obviously vary depending which industry you are in. Art of business might not relay emotions while painting most certainly will. Perfect visual effects are an art, however, they sometimes only aim for reality not emotionality.

In the end we all have different artists that we admire in all the industries. I imagine business students would consider Bill Gates or Steve Jobs as an artist.

As I grew into my art, I discovered new artists. Through comics first, with “Asterix” and Uderzo

But also through comics, with Walt Disney, whom I consider to be a genius in filmmaking and business

The Nine Old Men

Yes, all men, but all insanely good at animation.

Then Hayao Miyazaki, the all rounder, good at everything

And finally John Lasseter,

not just because he put 3D on the table but also because he did not give up. And that is an art.

When choosing animation, it is not your style out there anymore. It is your sweat, tears, hard work and dedication, and sometimes, hopefully, it pays up, and you get to inspire like those people did.